Saturday, January 24, 2009

Iceberg

I figured that it would probably be good to let everyone know what happened on my "30 minute blind hang-out" at Iceberg. I met him there, and he was pretty cute, and taller than me, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. After we got our shakes, we sat down and started talking. Well, I was doing most of the talking. It seemed like he was really comfortable with silence, and I couldn't handle it. So I would give him chances to ask questions or make comments, and he wouldn't do it! He did ask me a few, but I was the one that was driving the conversation. When I looked at my phone, it was 10:00 and I was surprised because we passed the 30 minute mark. I wanted to go home, because it really seemed like he wasn't interested, and I wasn't interested in trying to drag on the conversation any longer. Anyway, I went home, and the next day his sister in law talked to me and asked me how it went. I told her that he was a nice guy, but that he didn't really talk very much, so I assumed that he wasn't interested. She told me that he was interested, and that he would probably call me again. Maybe if he talked more, I wouldn't mind going again, but only if he talks! I mean, seriously, we didn't know each other. He could have asked me anything in the world :)

School is going fairly well, although it has taken up all of my extra time. I wake up early every day, teach piano, and work two days a week. I have a communications class that seems like it will be pretty intense. He keeps talking about English 2010, and it has seriously been 5 years since I took that class. I don't remember ever learning about Ethos, Pathos, Logos stuff... So hopefully I can figure it out! I am also in the Singers, and we have a lot to do this semester before our competition in Europe. Last weekend, we had our "retreat", which was a lot of work. We sang all night Friday, and all day Saturday. We even had a recording session on the Monday after. Needless to say, my voice was pretty dead. But I love being in Singers! It is so much fun, and I can't wait to go to EUROPE!!! I am already brainstorming about how in the world I am going to fit in my concert attire, and some other necessities into one suitcase AND have room for souvenirs. Any ideas??

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you should just pack me in your suitcase and I will take care of the rest. I want to go to Europe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete