Friday, January 9, 2009

Car Trouble in Downtown SLC!

Okay, I have to post about this now before I forget how good I feel... and before I actually have to pay for my car to be fixed. So today my friend Annie and I were going to visit my dear old friend Melissa and her little baby. I was soo excited that I would finally be able to see her! Well, everything was going smoothly until I got off the freeway and entered downtown SLC. We were driving next to a truck, when all of the sudden my car started making a REALLY loud noise... The only way to describe it is when you think of a quiet neighborhood and some teenager drives up the street and has one of those really loud, and I mean REALLY loud cars that moms just shake their heads at. My car was roaring! At first I thought it was the truck next to me. Anyway, I pulled over, and tried to call my mom- no answer, my dad- no answer, my friend the mechanic- no answer, and my sister- who said sorry and proceeded to tell me about sippy cups that she bought. No offense, Amy, but at a time like that I didn't really care to hear about it. Annie ended up calling her dad and their mechanic just happened to be a few blocks away from us. I was worried that if we went there, I would have to pay an enormous amount of money. My friend John- the life saver, ended up coming with his car, just in case we needed a ride, and drove my car to the mechanic place and basically took over. Thanks John! I had no idea what I was doing.....

John prepared me for the worst by telling me to say goodbye to my car if it was an engine problem, because it wouldn't be worth fixing. I prepared myself for the worst. The mechanic turned on my car, revved the engine, and said "you have a hole in your exhaust pipe". Yay! Just a little hole in the exhaust pipe! I don't have to say goodbye to my car after all! I can't explain the joy that I felt, seeing as how this is my baby, my first car :) Annie and I had an extremely cold drive, because the mechanic said that we could get Carbon Monoxide poisoning if we didn't drive with the windows down. We made it home, ate some soup, and I called my mechanic friend who said that he would call his dad to see if he could fix it. Hooray!

Now for the blessings! Basically I am very grateful that Annie was with me, and that her family's mechanic was so close. I am also grateful for my friend John, that left work to come and help me out. And I am so, so grateful that it will hopefully be an easy fix. So many blessings! And I am very proud that I kept a smile on my face the whole time :)

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute!! I'm glad I found it...I'm going to check it all the time so you better keep it updated...ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily! I'm glad you are okay, and that your car only had a minor problem. It's hard to swallow when we get bad news about our cars. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad things are ok... i think we need a name for your little car.... like mine is the Green Goblin... he is getting VERY old

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so clad you and Annie did not get hurt at all! Great job keeping a smile on your face! I would have been swearing up a storm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary, But I'm glad it's nothing huge! Hooray! You can still keep your baby! P.s. We should do something real soon lady!

    ReplyDelete