Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall

I cannot believe that we are already in September!! This past month has brought a lot of change: change in the weather, the trees, and jobs for both Randy and me! Randy is now working part-time for the LDS church designing training materials for the New Family Search, and he LOVES it. Seriously! He is so excited and I am so excited for him :) I started my new job at AMES, and it is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I love my schedule, and working with the students is really fun (for the most part). I knew I was going to have some tough kids, as I'm working with Special Ed and the lowest math class, but it's really rewarding.

I had my birthday last week, and Randy was sweet and bought a calla lily for me, and gave me an awesome lego star-wars game that didn't work (that's okay sweetheart!) and a picture for us to hang on our wall. He is the best. I got some cute presents from a girl that I work with, and my Aunt Nancy decorated my desk :)

We threw a surprise birthday party for my dad's 60th birthday, and it was so much fun! He was so surprised! I went through my parent's house searching for some of my dad's old things to put on display, and my brother-in-law created a fun DVD with pictures of my dad and his family. I hope he loved it!

Other than that, I haven't really been up to much. Oh! I created a menu for the next two weeks. If you need any ideas for cheap dinners, here's what we ate this week, and will be eating in the future:
Tuesday: Burritos

Wednesday: Spaghetti

Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner

Friday: Bacon Zucchini Lasagna

Monday: Chicken Alfredo

Tuesday: Teriyaki Burgers

Wednesday: Leftovers or fend for yourself

Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner

Friday: BBQ meatballs

We don't include Saturdays or Sundays because we never know where we'll be. I also decided that I will be trying a new recipe every Friday. Well, goodbye for now!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, trying new recipes on a certain day of the week. I should make that a goal.
    And I can't believe I missed your birthday! I had no idea. Lame of me.
    And I don't know if you've had a chance to puruse the Food Network magazine yet, but there's a recipe for a caramel apple cake that sounds amazing. I'm totally making it today. you guys should stop by when you get home for a bite.

    ReplyDelete